Pinterest Twitter Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Facebook Image Map

January 25, 2015

Sunday Scoop 1-25-15

Can you believe we are already 25 days into a new year?! I will have to say that this year I am doing a pretty good job remembering to write 2015 on things instead of 2014. I have impressed myself. ;)



Time for a Sunday Scoop! If you haven't checked out The Teaching Trio, you MUST! One of my favorite blogs to follow. :)



HAVE TO DO:

1. I know I'm not the only teacher that goes in on the weekends. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I sometimes LOVE going in on a Sunday to get things ready and prepared for the little nuggets to come learn with me. And this week, I am changing the way I implement centers. This year, my day's schedule is so strange and my ELA block is split in half. I feel like I can't get nearly as much done, so I'm changing it all up and I cannot be more excited. I will write a blog post about it when I take some pictures of the kiddos getting used to the change and working hard.

2. I'm making one of our favorite recipes today (and by me, I also mean my hubby, who does most of the cooking around here...). It is a vegetarian spinach lasagna and it is AMAZING. Here's the link. You gotta try it! CLICK HERE.

3. It is kind of weird I guess that "wash my hair" is on my "have to do" list. Let me explain. I have weird hair for a white girl (lol). It isn't very thick but it looks really thick (don't shoot me...) and it is curly/wavy and pretty long these days. Well, I have the dryest hair ever. It dries out and breaks if I wash it too much and it doesn't get oily or greasy until like Day 6 of not washing it. So today makes Day 7 of not washing it... so it is on my list of things I HAVE to do... I guess if I do it over the weekend, I'll have a week of early mornings without having to! If you have long hair like me, you know it takes a little while to get it clean and styled. Comment below if you do the same things as me. I'm interested to hear if ya'll have dry hair like me!

HOPE TO DO:

1. I spent money on a center bundle that I'm stoked about. I don't normally buy big things on TpT because to save money I can usually make it myself, but it was on sale and I had a lot of TpT credits. More on this in a future post...

2. I FINALLY started Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon. She is my all-time favorite author and the Outlander series is my all-time favorite book series! And now, it is my all-time favorite TV series, too! WIMYHB came out last year and I was just so busy and stressed with my new job as a first year kindergarten teacher that I couldn't give it the attention it deserved. Now that I'm in the swing of things and I feel like I'm not planning every second of every day, I can finally sit down and read. Well, sometimes. Today, I simply HOPE I can... :)

HAPPY TO DO:

1. Ahhhhhhh, coffeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment